Last updated on 10/21/2020
- shop.istanbul74.com website (“Website”) is operated by
74 İSTANBUL KÜLTÜR SANAT ORGANİZASYON VE REKLAM ANONİM ŞİRKETİ (hereinafter referred to as “ISTANBUL’74”) as the data controller and ISTANBUL’74 uses some automatic data collecting technologies such as cookies, web beacons and pixel tags in order to process the personal data of users using the Website in line with the Turkish Personal Data Protection Law numbered 6698 (“PDPL”) and its relevant legislation.
“Cookies” are pieces of information that are stored on the user’s computer by the user's web browser. When the user visits the Website, ISTANBUL’74’s server recognizes the cookies and provides information about the user's last visit to the Website.
"Web beacons" (also known as transparent gifs or pixel tags) provides ISTANBUL’74 information about which contents are influential, helping ISTANBUL’74 to manage the Website contents better. Web beacon is placed in a page or e-mail to monitor the activity of users on the respective page or e-mail. Just like cookies, web beacons also send data to the server after monitoring the visit of any user. However; unlike cookies, beacons are not used for identification purposes, and they cannot store any data on the computer as they are not browser-based.
Unless IP addresses (or any such kind of other identifiers) are deemed as Personal Data under the local laws, all data collected by cookies or similar technologies shall be deemed as impersonal data.
Usage Purposes of the Cookies
The main purposes in why ISTANBUL’74 collects personal data of the Website user is to understand the user’s behaviours, their web searches and seeing which parts of the Website they visit. Cookies are used to distinguish the Website user from other users, for them to have a pleasant experience while using the Website, and enable ISTANBUL’74 to improve the Website.
ISTANBUL’74 uses all information obtained by using cookies in accordance with its ISTANBUL’74’s clarification text in line with the PDPL and relevant legislation.
Cookie Types used on the Website:
- Session Cookies: They are temporary cookies that only last as long as the user uses the Website and are deleted once the user closes his/her browser.
- Persistent Cookies:They are used to increase the functionality of the Website and to offer faster and more efficient services to the users. Such cookies identifies the user’s preferences and are stored on the user’s devices by the browsers. With the use of persistent cookies, Akaretler Turizm checks if there are cookies stored on the user’s device when the user visits the Website next. If such answer is positive, these cookies determine the content that the user will access on the Website and thus offers the user enhanced services. .
The Website Uses 4 Types of Cookies which Contains Session and Persistent Cookies:
- Absolutely necessary cookies: Such cookies enable users to surf on Website, anonymous cookies access secure areas using their features. Any information collected by these cookies may not be used for marketing purposes. If the user does not allow the use of such kind of cookies, he/she cannot utilize various sections of the Website.
- Performance cookies:These are anonymous cookies which help to improve the Website. Such cookies collect information about the usage of the Website by users and are used to determine the most frequently visited pages or received errors. Any information collected by such kind of cookies may not be used for marketing purposes, and are not disclosed to third parties.
- Functionallity Cookies:These are anonymous cookies enabling the Website to remember the users' features and preferences. Based on such information, the Website show contents to each visitor in line with the information collected. If it is not allowed for use of such kind of cookies some sections of the Website may not be used, the level of support provided by the Website may be reduced and it might lead to the failure of the Website to remember the user’s preferences or to use or show any feature specific to each user.
- Target Cookies or Advertisement Cookies:Such kind of cookies is generally placed by the advertising networks of the Website in line with the Website’s information. These cookies are used to show related and customized advertisement, to limit the number of ads displayed, to measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign and to remember the users' preferences.
Amending or Rejecting the Usage of Cookies
If the user rejects persistent cookies or session cookies, he/she can continue to utilize the Website but he/she may not be allowed to access or may have a limited access to functions of the Website.
The user may click on the following links to amend the usage of cookies:
- Adobe Analytics http://www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/opt-out.html
- AOL https://help.aol.com/articles/restore-security-settings-and-enable-cookiesettings-on-browser
- Google Adwords https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
- Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Google Chrome http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorerdelete-manage-cookies
- MozillaFirefox http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Opera http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari https://support.apple.com/kb/ph19214?locale
ISTANBUL’74 CLARIFICATION TEXT REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF USERS
Pursuant to the Turkish Protection of Personal Data Law no. 6698 (“PPDL”) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), 74 STÜDYO KÜLTÜR SANAT ORGANİZASYON VE REKLAM LTD. ŞTİ. (“Company”), shall be able to process your personal data within the scope stated below.
Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data or special categories of personal data collected shall be processed in accordance with the conditions determined in Article 5 and/or 6 of the PPDL, in compliance with the GDPR and/or with your express consent (provided that such consent from the data subject is needed for processing) within the scope of your visit, business relationship, marketing activities, customer satisfaction and events. Your personal data shall be processed in order to plan and execute activities required for promoting products and services offered by the Company, to carry out necessary operational activities within the Company, to plan and execute commercial and/or business strategies, to provide the legal, technical and commercial security of the Company, persons/companies that have relations with the Company and to carry out necessary works with the relevant business unit.
To Whom and For What Purposes Processed Personal Data Can Be Transferred
Your collected personal data can be transferred to (IYZICO relating to payment), website service providers, courier companies, legally authorized agencies, the Company’s local/international business partners, within the framework of the conditions and purposes for processing personal data outlined in Article 8 and Article 9 of the PPDL and in compliance with the GDPR, for the purposes determined hereinabove or with your explicit consent.
Method for Collecting Personal Data and Legal Basis Thereto
Your personal data will be processed and acquired in any physical or electronic format within the framework of the law in line with the purposes outlined above in paragraphs a) and b) of this text in a database in Turkey and in compliance with the GDPR and conditions stated in Article 5 and/or 6 of the PPDL and/or with your express consent (provided that such consent from the data subject is needed for processing).
Personal Data Subject Rights Specified in Article 11 of the PPDL
Personal data subjects have the right to
- Find out whether or not personal data has been processed,
- Request information about the processing of personal data if it has occurred,
- Find out the purpose of processing the personal data and whether or not it was processed for this purpose,
- Know third parties to whom personal data was transferred either domestically or abroad,
- Request that personal data processed incorrectly or incompletely be corrected and request that third parties to whom the transaction in correction was made are informed,
- Request that personal data be erased or destroyed if the reasons that required processing no longer apply in spite of the fact that it was processed in accordance with the provisions of the PPDL or other applicable legislation, and request that third parties to whom personal data was transferred as part of this process be informed,
- Object to any unfavourable consequences arising from the analysis of processed data via exclusively automatic systems,
- Request remedy of damages if they incur losses due to the unlawful processing of personal data.
As a personal data subject, requests you make in connection with your rights may be sent to the Company by filling in the Data Subject Application Form found at www.istanbul74.com??. Your requests shall be answered by the Company within 30 days at the latest following its receipt. However, if a charge is specified by the Personal Data Protection Board, the cost on the fee schedule specified shall be collected by our Company.